This is a great time to reflect on the past twelve months and acknowledge your personal and professional growth, your accomplishments, and all of your experiences. As you look back and review the year, it‘s also a terrific time to celebrate yourself!
Consider the following questions to help you wrap up the year and get ready for next year:
- What were your greatest successes and accomplishments? Sometimes a series of minor successes and accomplishments can add up to major strides forward. It’s a good idea to reflect on the small wins as well as the major accomplishments. Consider maintaining an annual journal to track your successes all year long.
- What would you like to celebrate? Perhaps this year you received a promotion, started a business, grew your family, moved residences, or left a job you didn’t like. Whatever it was, whether you initiated the change or not, you grew from the experience and that’s cause for celebration.
- What risks did you take this year that you are most proud of? Perhaps this year you stepped out of the box and did things differently than what comes naturally to you. I.e. you are an introvert and you chose to attend networking events to break out and meet new people.
- What areas did you experience breakthroughs in this year? Did you have a shift in perspective? Did you breakthrough a mental, emotional, or physical boundary you previously held? Reflect on your breakthroughs and how you have evolved.
- Who and what are you grateful for? These may be your friends, family, employees, bosses, colleagues, mentors, or others in your life. How did they support you? What role do they play in your life? Who do you wish to acknowledge most?
- What was your biggest learning this year? How did you grow from it? How will you apply this learning moving forward?
- What was your biggest disappointment this year? How did you handle the situation? How did you or how will you move on from it?
- What do you wish to complete before the year ends or early in the new year? What’s left undone that needs to be wrapped up before the year is out. Prioritize what’s left and do what’s most important to you. Delete or delegate what you can. Most importantly, determine what action you will take.
- What was the central theme for you this past year? If this year was a chapter in the book of your life what title would you give it?
You are now ready to start thinking about the next year and all that has to offer you.
If you would like more information about Linda and her coaching services, please call Linda at 416-617-0734 or email email@example.com
Want to read more? Get a new article directly into your inbox every month: https://lindacattelan.com/newsletter/